Friday, December 27, 2019

An Annotated Bibliography Of Writing - 881 Words

This semester in English 102, I can definitely say my time was well spent. Each assignment that I completed benefited me as a student so that I could become a better reader and writer. With the skills I learned in this class, I will use them to my advantage in future English courses and other educational endeavors. Being able to read, write, research, and think are important skills to have in order to be successful in any area of study. Nevertheless, I believe that by taking this class I was able to reinforce and expand on my skills I took away from English 101. When I first entered this class, I felt like I had a strong grasp on the concepts I was taught it English 101 to be successful. I was already familiar with MLA quoting and works cited because my previous instructor was very stringent when it came to citing and formatting things correctly. I also had a pretty good understanding of an annotated bibliography and how to write one since I did it in English 101 and in high school. Researching was another area I felt confident in because I spent a great deal of time in previous English classes and other courses evaluating and critiquing different sources. For example, coming into this class I knew about the Academic Search Premier and LexisNexis databases being good starting places to find credible sources. As far as terminology goes, I had common knowledge on the elements of literature and drama terminology such as conflict, plot, character, setting, imagery, and irony.Show MoreRelatedAnnotated Bibliography On Writing Across The Curriculum1558 Words   |  7 Pages Annotated Bibliography Writing Across the Curriculum EDU 630 Fall 2014 Karen Tootle William Carey University The concept of writing across the curriculum (WAC) is a contemporary movement founded on the belief that writing in all content areas improves not only writing skills, but also increases content knowledge. In recent years, pressure from increased rigor on standardized tests and the push toward Common Core has created a shift in education. The days of memorizing and â€Å"drill andRead MoreHumn 101 Writing Assignment: Exhibition And Annotated Bibliography1948 Words   |  8 PagesHUMN 101 Writing assignment: Exhibition and annotated bibliography spring 2017 How can art make an audience listen? Sonny Assu sets a prime example of getting a viewer s attention, in his piece â€Å"The Away Teams Beams Down to What Appears to be Unlimited Planet,†2016 displayed at the Vancouver Art Gallery. The following writing will talk about Sonny Assu as an artist and the social historical context of the work. Sonny Assu was raised by his grandparents in North Delta, British Columbia. HeRead MoreMy Reflection Of Writing1579 Words   |  7 Pageswrote three essays; a review essay, annotated bibliography, and a research paper. As I wrote these essays I learned what they were, why they are written, and why people use these to obtain information. Throughout this course I enjoyed writing the essays and learning new things from what I was writing about. Although some were not easy I still took my time and made sure they were perfect in my eyes. While taking this class I learned a new perspective of writing these specific papers that I did notRead MoreAcademic Research Reflection1203 Words   |  5 Pagesresearch paper more concrete and thus provides more depth to the analysis. Hence, several universities and accredited academic institutions have developed the process of referencing books and scholarly articles of researchers. Moreover, an annotated bibliography is a referencing process whi ch includes a list of references along with a summary of the article or book that has been used. Explanation of the article should be conducted in 8-10 sentences ensuring that the summary is brief so that the readerRead MoreReflection Paper About Movie Review1058 Words   |  5 PagesAcademic Writing has been a long process of writing, editing, and making sure I develop enough writing skills since I will always use them no matter what career path I choose to take. Throughout this semester I wrote papers in a different genre and how each genre needs special requirements. As a writer, I must think about the appropriate language, the audience, and the content of my paper. In English 160 I wrote various papers in different genres which include a film review, an annotated bibliographyRead MoreGraduation Speech : My Experience1594 Words   |  7 PagesThis class, UWP 104FY, has lead me to realize the areas I struggle in and how I overcame those struggles. When I entered this class, I la cked practice with writing and was unable to adjust my habits to accommodate the flow of this course. I had not written an essay, except for research papers, since my fall quarter of freshman year. It was especially hard for me to adjust my time to account for all the activities in the class. Since the course is a hybrid course, I only had one face-to-face meetingRead MoreHigh Level Writing Is Vital For My Current Standings As A College Student And My Future Endeavors988 Words   |  4 PagesHigher-level writing is vital for my current standings as a college student and my future endeavors. In order to receive positive responses on any papers or discussions, I must be able to properly write on a college-level. I have continuously worked on my writing skills throughout English 101 and 102 and hope the skills I have gained in these courses will prepare me to write on an intellectual level. Looking back at previous discussion posts, assignments, papers, and feedback from peers and myRead MoreReflection Of The Past Ten Weeks1047 Words   |  5 PagesComing into college I could not write in a proper, college way. I did not know how to properly cite sources that I used. This included in text citations and work cited pages. I also would write every essay in a five or six paragraph format instead of writing many shorter paragraphs. I finally did not know how to use commas or semicolons among many other grammar concepts. I also struggles with comprehending challenging passages. When I would read I would not understand what I was reading and would justRead MoreI Am A Foreign, Learning A Language, And An Argumentative Essay988 Words   |  4 PagesWriting has always been my greatest weakness throughout the years that i have been in school. Since I’am a foreign, learning a language was a challenging especially when my native language is completely different than English. Even though my communication skills have been improved dramatically since I have been he re in the United States, writing is the only skill that i need to improve. I have signed up to take English 110C for mainly two reason. The first reason is that it is a mandatory courseRead MoreMy Struggle with Writing Drafts Essay642 Words   |  3 PagesWriting drafts is something I struggle with every time I have to do an essay. It takes me over two hours to finish an introduction. Once done with the introduction the body of the essay easy until I get to the conclusion, which is when my struggle to complete the draft returns. I believe the introduction of a draft is one of the most difficult parts for me of writing a draft because it is hard to come up with ideas for the introduction. Then the conclusion is hard because I have to find a way

No comments:

Post a Comment